Monday, May 30, 2016

Floral Eleena Dress from Coffee and Thread

During the testing of the Eleena Dress from Coffee and Thread, I made several versions, and though they are all much loved by my girls, I think this one is my particular favorite. I don't know why it took me so long to blog about it, though. Um...laziness?

 
I can't remember the name of this fabric, but I believe I got it from Fabric.com. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of big florals, but there was something about this one that I really liked. Plus I found the perfect matching fabric in my stash to use for the middle panel piece and my daughter claimed she found the perfect matching accessory for the photo shoot.


And as you can probably guess by now, I am a sucker for flutter sleeves, so I think three of my tester versions were made with this flutter sleeve.  The other sleeves are really lovely as well, but...you know. I do have my long-sleeve version at the bottom of this post, though. 



I considered putting a ribbon on this one, because if there's one thing I love as much as flutter sleeves, it's a cute little ribbon. But my husband convinced me that it would be overkill, and I kind of agree. 




I believe I made the size 4 with size 5 for length, and managed to sew the invisible zipper despite my fear of working with zippers. I probably say that every time, right? Ha ha. But now that I have made quite a few dresses with zippers, I don't approach the task with as much trepidation as I did in the past. (I save that particular phobia for making buttonholes, haha!)

I paired the dress with the Aster Cardigan, one of my favorite cardis to date. I could make so many excuses about why the sewing isn't perfect, but you know what? I love it despite its imperfections, so I'm not going to dwell on them. 




Isn't it a pretty fabric? I think I might have gotten it from Miss Matatabi, my go-to fabric online shopping site. I have found it a bit tricky to find knits that I like over here, but she has a very good selection in her shop.

And finally, I leave you with my long-sleeved Art Gallery fabric test version. It seems a bit dressy for a doctor's office visit, but that's how we roll around here. Well, when Mommy wants to get a few fit photos, that is, ha!



If you want to get your Eleena Dress, you can find it here. And come join the Facebook group! There are lots of friendly sew-ers and it's a great place to get inspiration and sneak peeks of upcoming patterns!

Happy sewing :)

23 comments:

  1. It's really sweet - and I LOVE it with that Aster. I love that Aster, period, and may well copy it before the fall ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Masha!! I love the Aster, too! I don't know why I haven't made more. I hope you make yours and share it!!

      Delete
  2. That is one of my favorite Eleenas ever! I love it that fabric 💙💙💙 The long sleeved one is so pretty too! Thank you, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, thank YOU! I'm so glad you like it. I love this pattern and have plans for more. Just need to find the time now... heh heh. ;)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful combination! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! It's not my usual thing, but I am happy with it. Sometimes it's good to step out of one's usual style, I guess!

      Delete
  4. I'm not so into romantic clothing, but I love the upper dress anyway! Its flutter sleeves are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Eva! I don't really think I am into romantic florals, either, but for some reason I was drawn to this fabric. And you probably already know I love flutter sleeves ;)

      Delete
  5. Wow, this version is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! The fabric is stunning! and the styling with the gold shoes kill me (in a good way that is, ahem haha).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha, Mie! I hope it is in a good way and not in a "house-falling-from-the-sky-after-a-tornado" sort of way, lol. And thank you so much! I'm glad you like it <3

      Delete
  6. ohhh Emi, gorgeous! lucky daughters <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, dear Patricia!!!! I feel your daughters are lucky, too :)

      Delete
  7. I love every single Eleena dress I see. These are no exception.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jodi. Sorry for the super late response! I have loved all the ones I've seen, too. It's such a pretty pattern.

      Delete
  8. Of course little girls love flatter sleeves :) I should please mine more often and make them every now and then hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely think you should, Jenya! Of course, you need to keep in mind that I am a flutter sleeve enthusiast, ha ha.

      Delete
  9. Love love love your Eleena dresses !! And I absolutely ADORE your Aster cardigan !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, Soso, you are the sweetest. I am rather fond of that Aster, too. In fact, I kind of want one for me! Thank you so much. <3

      Delete
  10. Your Eleena is my favorite one! The fabric is beatiful and the way you matched the pattern is perfect! I am also a fan of the Aster! Best cardigan ever! 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Um...did I match it, really? I'm so bad at print-matching, lol. Totally agree with you about the Aster. I definitely need to make more for the autumn. Thank you, Soraia!

      Delete
  11. I simply love these outfits. Your girls looks so adorable! I love the prints, it's so much fun.

    ReplyDelete

 
Images by Freepik